- a pilot aiming to support Birmingham teachers to make a simple, safe start using social media for learning.
Harriet Breeze Whitehouse Common Primary School
Sarah Lucas Pines Special School
Steve Philp Paganel Primary School
Chris Talbot Broadmeadow Junior School
Paul Busst Online content manager , Link2ICT
Andy Pyper E-Safety & Info Security Manager, Link2ICT
Chris Seymour-Smith Online curriculum adviser, Link2ICT
- Learning-focused resources on the what, how and why of using social media for learning
- A social media framework for Birmingham teachers
- Birmingham schools as an emerging community with growing expertise in using social media for learning
Starting Point: The Benefits of Social Media for Learning
The single and over-whelming benefit seems to be the easy, instant access to a wider, potentially global audience - whether for sharing, listening or co-creating. This allows the possibility of:
- pupil voice
- parent participation
- learner affirmation
- global links for cultural development
- rich social dialogue around problem-solving and other higher order thinking skills ... so that the pupil exiting the classroom at 3pm returns the following morning at a different point in their learning...
... to name a few. This project assumes that Birmingham teachers have the capacity to exploit and subvert the potential of social media for learning and are entitled to feel supported and safe to do so.